Good Ideas for Handling Halitosis
Halitosis is simply what dentists call bad breath. It can happen to anyone at any time, but you don’t have to put up with the problem. Discover some simple ways to get say good-bye to bad breath.
Why You Have Halitosis
Bad breath has many causes, ranging from dental care to daily diet. According to family dentistry specialists, the most common reasons for halitosis include:
- Poor at-home oral hygiene
- Failure to get regular professional dental care from an affordable dentist
- Odor-causing foods and beverages such as onions, garlic, spices, and coffee
- Oral infections
- Dry mouth
- Some medical problems, such as cancer, lung disorders, kidney disease, and sinus infections
- Certain medications
- Smoking and tobacco use
Eight Ways To Beat Bad Breath
While halitosis can be hard to handle, there are ways to make your breath better or prevent the problem from starting. Follow these eight simple tips to keep bad breath at bay:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day, but preferably after every meal.
- Floss daily.
- Brush your tongue to remove the bacteria and odors that cause bad breath.
- See an affordable dentist for twice-yearly check-ups and cleanings.
- Treat any existing dental problems.
- Stop smoking or using tobacco.
- Avoid dry mouth by drinking water throughout the day to rinse any odor-causing bacteria.
- Discuss your medical conditions and medications with a family dentistry expert to see if they’re contributing to your case of bad breath.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Allentown, call Gentle Dental of Allentown today at (610) 616-3593 or make an appointment.
Gentle Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Allentown. With 11 affiliated practices in the Greater Philadelphia area, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Gentle Dental of Allentown, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Gentle Dental of Allentown.