Dental Dos and Don’ts for Chipped Tooth Repair
Have you suddenly chipped, cracked, or broken a tooth? Discover how to deal with the dental damage.
Dental Bonding for a Broken Tooth
If you’re unsure of the best way to repair a tooth that’s chipped or cracked, you should consider dental bonding. For this dental procedure, dentists apply and carefully shape a tooth-colored plastic adhesive over the dental damage to seal the chipped or broken tooth. Then, a special ultraviolet light is used to harden the adhesive so it’s strong and secure. Family dentistry experts frequently recommend bonding for chipped tooth repair because it offers so many benefits, including:
- Perfectly matches the color of nearby teeth
- No anesthesia required
- Little to no pain
- Complete chipped tooth repair in less than one hour per tooth
- Available from any affordable dentist
- Can last for up to ten years
How to Keep Bonding at Its Best
If you opt for dental bonding for chipped tooth repair, family dentistry experts say you can keep it good-looking and long-lasting if you follow these simple steps:
- Avoid dark-colored foods and drinks for 48 hours after the procedure because the bonding material is susceptible to stains during this time.
- Avoid biting down on very hard foods, ice cubes, and solid objects to prevent the bonding from chipping.
- See an affordable dentist regularly for check-ups and cleanings.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Allentown, call Gentle Dental of Allentown today at (610) 616-3593 or make an appointment.
Gentle Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Allentown. With 11 affiliated practices in the Greater Philadelphia area, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Gentle Dental of Allentown, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Gentle Dental of Allentown.